Saturday, July 27, 2013

Positive Check Up

We had an appointment with the perionatologist yesterday. This was just to check on the subchorionic hematomas and see where they were in the healing phase. Also, to make sure that no new ones popped up.

Every time we get an ultrasound almost, the baby is asleep for the first part of it. Then, it is like he/she suddenly realizes that they are being watched and being frantically wriggling around. Obviously, the baby doesn't have any control over what is happening right now, but it is still funny!

The heartbeat was loud and strong at 149

The doctor said it looks like there is still one small, stubborn SCH but it looks like the others had drained and healed. Also, the important part, baby was totally fine and no new SCHs had showed up. It made us both feel a lot better.

My cousin, Julie, told me that they were able to determine the gender of her boys at 16 weeks, so since I was 14 weeks 5 days and measuring ahead, I thought I would take a stab at asking.

The tech said that she wasn't going to guess just yet because at this stage certain "girl parts" can be swollen and mistaken for "boy parts." The doctor offered to look next week when I go for my second round of blood work for the sequential screening (he said that we won't get official results from the testing for 7-10 days after the blood is drawn), but we turned it down. 

My level 2 ultrasound is scheduled for August 30th and we will find out then. I'll be 19 weeks and 5 days that day. It seems so far away! Anyone who knows me knows I hate waiting for a surprise. Especially the good ones :)






No comments:

Post a Comment