Sunday, July 7, 2013

Breaking the News

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



I can finally say this out loud.

As of today, I am 12 weeks pregnant. We still can't believe it. After years of procedures, medication, pain, emotional ups and downs and numerous doctors telling me that it was going to take us years, if at all, because of my epilepsy, PCOS and endometriosis, I am pregnant with our first child.

According to the doctor, I am due January 19, 2014 (personally, I think it's earlier than that. Every ultrasound we go to is measuring about a week ahead). I went off birth control the first week of April and within the first week, I was having headaches, my chest was painful and I was exhausted. My doctor told me that this was typical of coming off birth control. The only thing is that these symptoms only increased and never went away. To begin with, they probably were caused by me coming off the hormones, but continued because of me being pregnant. By this math, this means that I got pregnant within the first two weeks of being off birth control! Both of us were stunned.

We actually found out Memorial Day weekend, the day after we got back from vacation. I hadn't been feeling well on the way back from vacation. I originally thought that I had a UTI and even got medication for it (I was peeing so much and I was cramping). After three days of feeling miserable, Dave told me to take a test.

I took two. 

Ha! Two different brands. Both times the + and the two lines appeared pretty much instantly. I literally paced back and forth for almost an hour upstairs, It took all the nerve I had to go downstairs and tell Dave. I didn't know what to do!! I always dreamt that I would tell him in some elaborate way that would show him how much I love him and would completely sweep him off of his feet. However, I wasn't going to hold this huge secret in while he was none-the-wiser. I couldn't. So I gave him this:

Front:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Inside: 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




I had mentally prepared Dave and myself for an extremely difficult road when trying to have children. I was expecting fertility drugs, laparoscopies, doctor appointments and therapies. However, I still wouldn't say that getting to this point was easy. We made sure we did everything possible to ensure a healthy a baby before even starting. I truly believe in my heart that God saw how badly we wanted this baby and once both the baby and myself would be in a safe place during the pregnancy, He blessed us.

The picture above is from our sequential ultrasound (checks for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18). Our baby is growing so quickly! The next couple of posts will catch you guys up on the appts I've had over the month and a half.

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment