Monday, July 22, 2013

Dosage Change

I never thought I'd be making this post this early in my pregnancy. 

I felt "off" all day. My leg was slightly numb, too, which is the feeling I usually get if I forget to take my meds. I knew I took them though. So - I knew what this meant.

I have to raise my meds.

I called Nurse Gary and told him that I would take the increase that Dr. L suggested and that they haven't led me wrong yet, but that I wanted to increase my folic acid intake if we were increasing the amount of Lamotrigine. Gary said that it was smart to suggest that and they would call in the scripts.

I will be taking 250mg of Lamotrogine ER 2x/daily until they tell me otherwise.

I get that I am doing what is safest for both the baby and me but it is still disappointing to have to raise the dosage only 2 days into the second trimester. I didn't want to expose the baby to any more of the medication than was absolutely necessary. And yes, I understand that in my case, it absolutely necessary.

I picked up the new dosage of medication and when I got home, I realized that they called in the regular Lamotrigine and not Lamotrigine ER. I have to call Gary in the morning to fix this - and to verify the amount of folic acid since that wasn't called in today. I'm assuming he never heard back from Dr. L about it, but I want to know what's happening before I start putting more of this medication into my system.

I'll update again when I have the official instructions. I just want this all to go smoothly and for everyone to be on the same page. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I "know" you from tb but forgot your screen name! Sorry to see about the dosage increase, mine was increased again today and im still not 100% normal. Each increase I hope maybe it will get better. Good to see im not alone.
    I also love that you're on a first name basis with the nurse, I am too! Hope all is well, if you want to page me on tb my screen name is kld2014.

    ReplyDelete