Thursday, July 25, 2013

Feeling Gross

I was miserable today. Blinding headache, severe nausea and complete exhaustion. My assumption is that my body wants no parts in me upping the dosage of the Lamotrigine. I remember how sick I got when we first put me on it after being ok Carbamazepine for so long. It was brutal for so many weeks.

Work dragged today. I finally made it to the end of the week though. However, it wasn't before a waitress "outed" my pregnancy in front of 5 of my coworkers, haha. At this point, I don't care since the CEO knows. Who would I be hiding it from? And it's not like they aren't going to notice my huge belly growing over the upcoming months.

We were at a "goodbye dinner" for a few team members that are going back to the office overseas.

The conversation went as follows:

Waitress: So, you'll have the chicken crit- Oh my God, you're pregnant!
Me: *stunned* ....yeah....
Entire group of coworkers: *look up at me in unison with wide eyes*

It was embarrassing but at least they know now. 

I actually left dinner a little early because it became too much. I felt horrible leaving but I think my drive home would've gone much worse if I had stayed.

On a different note, I heard back from my boss about my maternity leave option. I want that to be on a dedicated post so I'll write it up tomorrow.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment