Thursday, July 18, 2013

It continues...

I woke up today sore and already feeling miserable.

I started my day by getting my Lamotrigine trough level taken (no big deal, if I don't hear from Dr. L's office by Monday, I'll call). I'm really hoping that we don't have to raise my meds just yet. I would like to hold out as long as possible before doing that. I don't want to have to raise it too much - for both the baby's and my sake.

During the day, my pain in my stomach started getting much worse. It became really sharp and I wanted to go home. I called Dave practically crying and he suggested I go to Maternal Fetal Medicine in my building.

I walked in and they called my Ob to make sure I should go there and not the ER. They took me in and Dave met me at the office. They looked at the baby and baby still looks good. The blood clots have started to shrink, but my stomach is still extremely sensitive.

I muscled through work. After finally making it home, I still had to get my Rhogam shot (since I'm a different blood type than the baby). I have to say, I don't like doing that at ALL. The shot is a two-inch needle that they stick IN YOUR BUTT. Not fun.

I'm usually good with needles but this HURT. I have to redo this shot at 28 weeks and also after delivery - and I don't wanna. It was so painful.

This needs to get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment