Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We are home!

We have been home since Sunday. Having Colin in our home has been wonderful. He is a wonderful baby and is infatuated with Dave. He's a true Daddy's Boy and I'm sure as he grows up, he will want to do everything "just like Daddy." 

In order to survive the nights and make sure we are each getting some sleep, we are taking shifts at night. My mom has come to help us out for the next few days since I'm recovering from my c-section and still moving a little slow. It's been huge to have an extra set of hands at night. He's only 5 days old and feeding him every 3 hours and throwing in his "witching hour" (he screams around 1:30am and can be inconsolable for a good amount of time) makes for long nights. As the weeks go by though, he will start growing more sleeping longer stretches, so we just need see the light at the end of the tunnel (until sleep regression hits about 4 months old, ha!). In the few days he's been home, we have already learned so much about him:

1. He HATES being cold (he picked the wrong time of year to be born)
2. He only likes the green binkies. Lord only knows why...
3. Tummy time with Daddy is his favorite thing to do.
4. When he really doesn't want something, he shakes his head and it looks like he's saying "no." This is my favorite cue lol
5. I'm pretty sure he talks in his sleep. He is the noisiest sleeper ever,

Now that Colin is here, I obviously won't update as much, but there are still things I would like to share about early motherhood and epilepsy. I have a postpartum neurology appointment scheduled fir the end of February to check on how I'm doing and also Colin's development since AEDs can cause developmental delays. However, I doubt that's anything we have to worry about. He's already so alert and vocal. :)

Pictures:
Tummy time with Dave (Daddy)

In his Penn State hat

He was on the billiblanket for 24 hours. This is what Dave calls his "rock star" picture
 

No comments:

Post a Comment