Tuesday, January 21, 2014

40-week appointment

Yesterday, I had an OB appointment basically to discuss why I'm still pregnant (haha!). He checked the baby's HB, which sounded loud and clear. :) I still haven't gained more weight, I've been teetering in between 1 lb for the past four weeks (about a 28 lb weight gain, which is awesome, considering about 12-14 lbs of that is baby and pregnancy-related).

Baby boy is moving great :) he's been more active the past few days and constantly squirming. Dave's been talking to my belly, trying to get him to come out. I think with this snowstorm, though, he realizes how cold it is out there and wants to stay warm. Haha!

To see if they can determine what's going on, I'm doing what's called a biophysical profile and non-stress test tomorrow. It essentially measures the baby's vitals and makes sure that he's still doing well in there. 

If the doctor doesn't like the results, they could induce tomorrow! If he's doing fine though (which I hope he is, obviously), we will still induce on Sunday. Either way, we are getting a baby in less than a week! Can't wait to meet this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment