Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 2

Current Dosage:

Lamictal: 175 mgs 2x/daily (fully therapeutic as of last week)
Carbamazepine: 200 mgs XR 2x/daily (400 mgs total per day; 1/2 of my original dosage)

My stomach feels a little topsy-turvy today. Nothing too bad though. That could also be from the amount of acidic things I consumed over the past 3 days. I know better than to do that. My GERD is too sporadic to just jump right into an acidic binge-fest.

Since I'm on such a low dose of Carbamazepine now, I'm keeping an eye out for the rash in which about Nurse Gary told me. So far, so good. That means that my body is accepting the Lamictal and not fighting, which is great news!

I counted out how much longer I have for this process. January 9th will be the official day of beginning no Tegretol and just the Lamictal. I can't believe how close that is! I'll have more to talk about once that comes. I'm going to have a whole boat-load of instructions to follow after the tapering off is over. Hope everyone had a great holiday! We ended up with a white Christmas! It was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment