Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We Are...!!!

We are...THERAPEUTIC!!

Just heard from Dr. L.'s nurse about my blood work. He said that my Lamictal blood work looked great and that it was therapeutic in my system. He also said that there was no reason to raise my dosage any higher than the 175 mg 2x/daily. That is FANTASTIC news!

He said that Dr. L. doesn't want me to wait a week (which is what I originally thought) to taper off of the Carbamazepine. She wants me to start tomorrow so that as I'm getting used to my highest dose of Lamictal, my body is also getting used to a lower dose of the Carbamazepine.

I'm so excited! This means that the end of my medication switch is in sight! We are one step closer to being able to safely try for our future children. I truly feel liberated and so, so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment