Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blood Work Results

I told my husband yesterday that I need to call my doctor to get the results of my blood work and he says to me:

"Oh, they called last Thursday. Everything's normal. Whoops."

I'm honestly not mad in the least. I actually laughed when he told me. I may still call to get the definitive results and know the numbers. My Carbamazepine levels have always been normal - but more on the high side. I'd like to know that while we are switching the medication that the levels haven't been affected too much.

Plus, my GP took me off Metformin a few months ago. I was taking it because an endocrinologist that I saw three years ago diagnosed me with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and said there was a possibility that I could be insulin-resistant, which in the long-run can lead to diabetes, if one isn't taking care of themselves. When my GP did my initial blood tests (since I was a new patient), my glucose came back normal, so he took me off of it basically just to see what would happen.

My A1C (which measures your glucose over a 3-month period) has been normal over the past 2 blood tests without the Metformin. I would like to hear it again that it's normal. This would mean that my PCOS is starting to get under control and that I am no longer insulin-resistant.

Dave and I have been on a health kick lately and hopefully, that's contributing to the good blood work.

FYI: Today is Day 1 of Week 5 of the medication change and my side effects are finally starting to subside - except for my nightmares. I'll take nightmares over feeling like I'm going to vomit and RLS any day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment