Monday, December 17, 2012

Making Changes

Over the past week or so, I've noticed that if I don't eat, like within minutes of the feeling of hunger, I'm getting violently nauseous. I've only gotten actually sick once thus far, but that is still one too many. This is probably due to the fact that my body is on too much medication, but as of Wednesday, I will be on my last week of titrating the Lamictal up and once I hear from Dr. L. and she says that the Lamictal is therapeutic in my body, I can begin weaning off the Carbamazepine. If I don't hear from her by Wednesday, I'm going to give their office a call since I did the blood work on Friday.

On a positive note, Dave and I painted our upstairs bathroom this weekend. We felt utterly motivated since my mom is coming in to town. We have retro green and beige speckled tile all throughout our bathroom, so finding a paint color that wouldn't overwhelm the room and complement the tile really proved to be a challenge. We used Behr "Winter Fresh" as the color. Here's a picture below:



I think it came out pretty well for an impromptu project.

Anyway, I feel like I'm in such a holding pattern until Dr. L. calls. With the holidays coming up in a week, unfortunately, it's all I can focus on. I'm nervous about going to all the holiday parties with little ones there. I'm afraid of all the questions about, "When are you having kids?" are going to be too much for me as we go through this process. I know my family and friends mean well, but right now, at this very moment, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment