Monday, December 10, 2012

Music is good for the soul...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've begun to think about the things that give me strength. My answer has always been: family, love, God, and music. Today, I wanted to talk about music, though. When I think about music, I don't just think about the beat behind it (although, that's usually the reason I'm giving a song a listen in the first place), I think about the lyrics and the emotion that the combination of the beat and lyrics evoke.

Some songs can make you feel sad or happy, love or anger, or a series of other reactions. I decided I would like to share the songs that remind me that I am not only a strong person, but a fighter and a blessed person. I hope you find the same solace in these songs that I do:

1) "Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes


2) "Girl on Fire" by Alicia Keys


3) "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull


4) Little Victories" by Matt Nathanson


5) "Let's Go" by Calvin Harris





Many of these songs make me want to get up and go out and make something of myself. Or, they remind me that I'm strong and I'm not limited by epilepsy. I am a fighter and if I set my mind to something, I will accomplish it. It just takes my hard work and faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment