Saturday, December 14, 2013

Baby Shower #2

I just realized that I never posted about this.

My mom threw my shower at one of my favorite Italian restaurants. She did a star/teddy bear-theme (like our nursery). Everything turned out really, really nice. She even did a banner of my bump pictures (I've been taking weekly bump growth pictures - just not posting them here. I'll post one before the baby is born). The banner started with two really special photos, though: 1) A picture of Dave and me from our wedding, titled, "Where it all began..." 2) A picture of me holding my youngest nephew, around the time we got pregnant, titled, "Pregnant - and doesn't know it, yet!!"

I saw both of these and became a blubbering mess. I instantly started crying and I couldn't stop, haha. It was just so sweet.

The weather was insane. We got a horrible snow storm and roads were being shut down. Only 6 out of 25 people made it. Dave and my brother even came back (so, total 8). My in-laws didn't even make it. I felt so terrible for my mom. She put in so much work and effort and this was completely out of her control. Regardless, the party went on! We played two games. The first was a baby-related word scramble (which was really hard!) and the second was a candy-match game (example: "post-partum mommy physique" Jelly Bellies, haha). Both were really cute and we had a lot of fun. :)

My mom truly did a great job. I had a lot of fun and appreciated everything she worked so hard on. There's tons of people that are excited for Baby Mory and we can't wait until he makes his arrival so we can introduce everyone to him :) I'll post some pictures a bit later, once I have more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment