Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 24

Week 24

How far along? 24 weeks (6 months pregnant!!)
How are you feeling? My ankles and calves are killing me. We did some heavy duty cleaning yesterday (we donated a TON of clothes to Goodwill and basically an entire house of furniture to a church). I think walking on the hardwood all day really put a strain on my legs. Taking it super easy today.
Baby is the size of a(n): Ear of corn. He is just under a foot long and a little over a pound.
Cravings: Nothing 
Aversions: Smells.
Testing/appts this week? I have a normal Ob appointment either this week or next week. I don't remember at this very second. My pregnancy brain has gotten pretty bad. Haha!
Milestones: 24 weeks is known as Viability Week. This means, starting this week, if God forbid something were to happen and I needed to deliver early, the hospital would take the baby to the NICU. Before 24 weeks, chances of survival for a fetus is about 17%. Once you reach 24 weeks, it rises to 40%. Once you reach 27 weeks, it rises to 90%. This is an important milestone to reach in a pregnancy, especially high-risk. Our baby boy is doing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment