Saturday, September 21, 2013

Post-Weeklong Migraine

Okay, I think I'm finally back on my feet enough to discuss the last week. 

Starting on Saturday night, I was getting a lot of auras and searing pain coarsing through my head. It felt like someone was nailing a spike from the top of my head through to my neck. It truly was crippling.

My doctor prescribed me Fioricet and I took that to try and ease the pain since Tylenol wasn't even touching the pain. The Fioricet ended up only taking the edge off and I felt trapped. I was getting absolutely no relief. I actually slept through most of Sunday in order to try and catch up on sleep, thinking that could be the culprit.

Even with the extra sleep, I was finding that nothing worked. I ended up taking Monday off from work (which I was actually pretty upset about). I never take off unexpectedly from work unless it is an emergency, but I couldn't even see to drive. 

After numerous phone falls to my neurologist, Ob and MFM, they've decided that moving forward throughout my pregnancy, they want me to take Demerol for headaches like these since it more than likely will happen again as baby boy gets bigger. It is safe for baby and I will be taking an extremely small dose (it is some powerful stuff).

Here's to feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment