Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Neurology appt

I went to go see Dr. L today for my mid-pregnancy appointment. The discussion of the appointment was supposed to be about my seizures, how I was feeling, etc. instead, we talked about the migraines that I've been getting.

She asked me again to explain all of my symptoms and then did something that a neuro never has before with me. She reached to the back of my neck and looked for "tight spots." She found one area and said it is a result of my frequent headaches and that what I've been experiencing are complex migraines.

She also checked my eyes for the onset of preclampsia. I guess the frequency of the headaches can raise my blood pressure somehow and put me at risk. However, she said the back of my eyes show no signs of it developing.

She suggested that if the migraines continue at this severity to call her and come back in. She also wants to see me a month after I give birth to put me on a schedule to decrease my medication back down to the original dosage.

However, everything else looks good. She was glad to hear how active the baby was and that I haven't had any episodes except for my headaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment