Sunday, September 1, 2013

Anatomy Scan Results

Baby Mory: 19 weeks 5 days:


Our level 2/anatomy scan went awesome on Friday. It is truly amazing how much you can see on ultrasounds now. It is so detailed and comforting to see your little one looking so happy and healthy :) 

I had a few friends insist that I drink orange juice before we went in (as a person with GERD, this was daring. My acid reflux kicked in almost immediately) because it would make the baby more active and they could get a better view of everything. Well... the baby was definitely moving! In fact, Baby Mory kept rotating and doing flips. It actually became hard for the tech to get measurement because our little one wouldn't stay still (something tells me, this is a look into the future).

Everything looks great though. They showed us all the divisions of the brain and that they looked like they were forming normally, all the chambers of the heart, blood flow to and from organs, and so much more. It was amazing to see! They also checked me out, looking to see what was going on with my SCHs. Thankfully, they are completely gone. There's not even scarring. I'm very relieved :)

Baby is 10oz and 6.5 inches big with a strong heart beat of 150!

We are so happy to report that we are expecting a BOY! I'll admit, I definitely was shocked. We were so positive we were having a girl. But immediately visions of sporting events, trucks and dinosaurs filled my head. Our baby boy is doing wonderfully in there and I can't wait to have him in our arms.

This has become so real. We are becoming a family. I am feeling so happy and so blessed right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment