Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vacation #1

Dave and I had been on vacation since Wednesday. He has his yearly company sales meeting this week. They always choose a destination to have the meeting instead of at corporate. For us, it provides a chance to getaway. This year, they are holding the meeting in Tucson, AZ at a resort called Dove Mountain.

We went out early though and started in Las Vegas. We stayed at a hotel called The Cosmopolitan. It was absolutely stunning! It honestly looked like a swanky night club and not a hotel. When I got to our room, I almost passed out. It was bigger than our apartment in Connecticut!! It had 2 full baths, two TVs, a full kitchen and a balcony that overlooked the Bellagio fountain. Oh, and we could control all of our lights in the room FROM THE TV!

We saw two Vegas shows while out there: Rock of Ages and Carrot Top. Rock of Ages blew me away! It was so much fun! All of my favorite 80s songs were played and the actors were fantastic. Carrot Top was better than I thought he would be. He has a reputation for being a jerk (which he probably was for many years), but through his quick wits and self-deprecation, he came off funny and relatable. Even those who don't like him can't say that he doesn't work hard. His show was 90 minutes and his jokes are about 4 seconds long each. That's a lot of material to cram into that amount of time.

I've been feeling especially sick this trip. Almost every day, I wake up feeling nauseated (and no, I'm not hungover). If I take my meds, I better be cramming food in my face or else it's coming up. It's so gross. Also, after one beer, I noticed I feel sick. I don't feel the effects of the beer, but feel instantly sick to my stomach. Feeling this way is getting old really fast. I'm only on the Lamictal now and I figured I would start feeling better. While my mind and reflexes have vastly improved, I feel worse just on the Lamictal. I'm going to man through it until my next appointment with Dr. L. in March and then we will reassess.

Right now, Dave and I are at Dove Mountain in AZ. It is okay, but not spectacular like the Cosmo. Dave is staying til Friday and I go home tomorrow. Spouses aren't allowed to be here during the actual meeting. We have absolutely nothing planned for today. We needed a day to compress from Vegas.

Speaking of that, I'm going back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete