Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Seizing the Moment



I was goofing off online (searching topics for here) and came across this poster. It's old, from 2010, the "Seize the Moment 5k" took place in the San Antonio, TX and from what I could find, it looks like there are several places in TX that hold the same 5k.

"Seize the Moment" donates money back into the Epilepsy Foundation, which is great. However, when I searched for one in my area (Allentown, PA), there didn't seem to be a coinciding annual 5k. To be honest, it really upset me. I love being involved in the EFEPA and would love to start to support them as much as they've supported me throughout the years.

I emailed the director of the Lehigh Valley chapter of the Epilepsy Foundation. I asked her if there has ever been a "Seize the Moment" 5k in our area. If there has been, then I'll definitely be participating next year. I recently (okay...today) re-started the Couch to 5k program. It helps people who aren't used to running long-term train for a future 5k. My goal is to complete a 5k before the end of 2013. This would be the perfect introduction for me to the 5k world.

If I were to discuss this with the director of the Lehigh Valley chapter, and successfully bring it to fruition, would people come? Is this a crazy idea? Comment below.

3 comments:

  1. would you consider doing the summer stroll? I would do it only if you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would. It's taking place on June 22nd, 2013 in Fairmount Park in Chestnut Hill, for those interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will help you and be there too just remind me... Jennie Papa... (Bell)

    ReplyDelete