Thursday, January 10, 2013

Surprises and Changes

Yesterday, my mom called me at 9 am to tell me that she was coming up to PA early. My nephew's birthday party is on Saturday and she lives in Florida.

She was here by 4:30 pm.

She knows that I weaned off the Tegretol and she is a huge scaredy-cat when it comes to my epilepsy. She won't say it, but she's here ahead of time to basically make sure I'm not having seizures with the new meds. While this is a new experience for me (...and to be honest, it originally scared me because it's new), I know I'll be alright.

Nurse Gary called me at 8:47 this morning (could it be any earlier?) to tell me that e called in my 3mg of folic acid. He also said that along with the 3mgs I should be taking my prenatal still (which includes 800mcg of folic acid. I officially will be on 3.8mgs.

So far, without the Tegretol, I feel totally fine. The only thing I have noticed is that my mouth is really, really dry.

Hope that subsides.

I'm leaving to pick up my meds now.

No comments:

Post a Comment