Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tomorrow's officially my fresh start....

Forgive the typos tonight. I'm writing this from my Blogger app on my iPhone and the application can be slightly temperamental. At 11 p.m. last night, I took my last ever Tegretol pill and when I wake up the morning, I will officially be taking only Lamictal.

It's an exciting and totally petrifying thought. After 20 years, I'm taking a new medication.

I am calling Dr. L tomorrow to discuss next steps. She has a specific plan in place for us and directions I have to follow. She wants me to begin taking 3mgs of folic acid daily. However, I'm a little confused since I'm also taking a prenatal that contains 800mcgs of folic acid. Does that mean I'm supposed be taking 3.8mgs or am I supposed to stop taking my prenatal and take a multivitamin instead (which most still contain at least 400mcg)? Who knows. I'm looking for more clear instruction on that tomorrow.

Dave is currently on a business trip until Thursday night or Friday morning. It sucks he has to miss this major moment for me for work but I know that he is working so incredibly hard to support our family. I'm so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment