Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Enough is enough!

I called Dr. L today to tell her about my nausea. It has gotten out of control. I have trying to eat before I take my meds to see if that curbed it - it temporarily does, but I get even the slightest bit hungry again, it comes rushing back.

She wants me to get a Lamictal trough level and sent me a prescription for Reglan, which is an anti-nausea medication (it is commonly used to treat GERD symptoms as well). The medication is helping, but it makes me feel a little dizzy and drowsy.

I rather feel tired than sick though.

Dr. L said that it is very uncommon for a patient to get this sick from Lamictal and there is a possibility I may be on too much medication, which is why I'm getting the trough level. I can't help but wonder if this is heavy withdrawal from the Tegretol, though. I guess the only way to find out is to get the tests done and she what she has to say.

I am really hoping that it is something that can be adjusted (or that I can wait out the withdrawal) because I really want to stay on the Lamictal. It is safer for a baby when I am pregnant and I see a huge difference in my speech and reflexes, which is awesome! Unfortunately, I can't always say the same about my moods, though. I am noticing that I'm going through a lot of mood swings lately and can't seem to control my emotions. I've always been an emotional person, but this seems more so than usual lately. I would say this started about a week ago.

I'll update later this week with results.

No comments:

Post a Comment