Thursday, August 1, 2013

Doctors...

I had another Ob appointment yesterday. This was just a normal Ob check up to listen to the heartbeat and see how I'm feeling. 

It was with a new doctor. We will call her Dr. U. She doesn't usually work in the office I was at... And I'm glad. I thought that Dr. V was a fear-based doctor, but she was nothing like this.

My mom came to this appt. She wanted to hear the heartbeat and was helping me out while Dave was traveling. Dr. U started talking about my SCHs and was basically yelling at me for being happy with the results from my appt with the high risk doctor.

"You are NO WHERE near out of the woods!" she proclaimed. Then proceeded to tell me that they don't usually send people to that doctor for SCHs unless they "have some horrible disease or something."

I told her to look at my chart.

The baby's heartbeat looked really good though. It was between 148-152. She said he couldn't pinpoint an exact number because she had to "chase" the baby. Every time she put the Doppler near the baby, it ran away. I joked with my mom that it was because raspberry didn't like Dr. U.

This solidifies that I made the right decision by going with Dr. S. I know he's taking on a more administrative role, but I'm going to see if I can start scheduling appts with him again. He is really smart, patient and definitely that opposite of a fear-based doctor.

Oh well, it's over with now and puts me one more appt closer to the anatomy scan on the 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment