Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sequential Screening Results

My results from my sequential screening came back. I'm officially going to exhale.

The nurse called today and told me the results came back. The geneticist usually calls to give the results to patient, but she wasn't going to be in today until 4-4:30pm and the nurse thought that it wasn't fair for me to wait that long for results that already came in.

She also knew that I was nervous about the results because of the fact I'm on an anticonvulsant (even if it is the safest one for pregnancy).

These are the results:

Down Syndrome: 1:5000 (negative)
Trisomy 18 & 21: 1:5000 (negative)
Open Neural Tube Defects: 1:470 (highly unlikely)

The neural tube defects part of the screening was what I was nervous about. The nurse said that they were looking for the number for the neural tube defects to be less than 1:115 so this is great news :)

It's good to know that our baby is doing wonderful and that all the steps that we took in order to make sure that they would be safe.

Can't wait to see raspberry on the ultrasound on the 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment