Monday, February 25, 2013

Trough level #2

I'm currently sitting at Quest Diagnostics. After changing my dosage to 200 mg 2x/daily, she wants to make sure that the medication is therapeutic at a safe level.

Last time I got a Lamotrigine level done it was a 3.8 and it is supposed to be between 4 and 16 mcg/ml (I learned that the measurement is micrograms of medication per milliliter of blood).

I've been on the 200 mg for just about a month (it will be a month after this weekend) and on the extended-release since February 7.

I'm curious if being on the extended-release is going keep my trough level lower since the medication isn't being released all at once. I'm really hoping to be over that 4 mcg/ml mark. I would really like not to raise my dosage again. The amount of nausea I have now is no where close to where it was before and I don't want to give my stomach a reason to be angry with me, again.

They should have the results of my trough level by Wednesday or Thursday. My appointment with Dr. Liew is two weeks from today, so I'm giving them plenty of time to access what the next step is.

I can't believe how close to the finish line we are. We are done the medication transition and (hopefully) figuring out where my levels need to be at. The only thing I'm wondering is that since we switched me to the extended-release, is she going to ask us to wait another month before trying to conceive, since I'll only have been on the extended-release one month at the time of my appointment with her. I'm okay with that though. I understand that it is all about timing in our case.

My phlebotomist at Quest knows my story and said she was sprinkling "Quest Fairy Dust" on my blood work that everything will come back okay so that I would have no more changes. Lets hope it works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment