Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pain in the...

...head.

Yesterday, while I was at work, I got the most blinding migraine I've had in months.

Like a lot of people, I get auras with my migraines. They are annoying. Really annoying. With my really bad migraines the light takes over my entire left side of my vision field. That's what happened yesterday.

Suddenly, I became very disjointed and it was hard to see. It almost felt like I was blacking out. I sat down and before I knew it, my boss brought me a Diet Coke (he knows I get bad migraines and the caffeine releases the tension in your brain).

After sitting and drinking a bit of soda, the auras went away but were followed by a horrible headache that felt like I was punched in the face. Accompanied by the fact that I got sick a few times, I was miserable and ordered to stay in the fitting room at work and relax.

My neurologist knows about my migraines and told me that according to the MRI, my migraines aren't neurological. It is just something really annoying that happens to me. It doesn't happen often enough for me to want medication like Maxalt. I refuse to take more medication than is necessary.

Anyway, that was my day yesterday. Another day in the life of me, I guess. However, I'm going to talk to my boss today because I'm pretty sure I scared the crap out of him yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment