Monday, February 11, 2013

Making it work

I'm officially on day four of taking the Lamotrigine ER.

The results:

I'm DEFINITELY not as nauseous. In fact, I haven't had any nausea for the past two days. It's like a miracle!

Also, my appetite is significantly curbed. When I was on the regular Lamotrigine, I was stuffing my face constantly because I was trying to saturate the medication to not feel so ill. I'm eating like a normal person, again, and have lost a few pounds in the past couple of days because I'm not consuming over 2,500 calories a day anymore.

I've been drinking water, again, as well. I was drinking a lot of soda because the bubbles was calming my stomach.

The price is still staggering to me though. I feel so guilty about taking a medication this expensive. I know my health comes first, but I feel like it is going to cause us more stress, financially. I'm looking for coupons, currently. There is a coupon for Walgreens that would lower the price to $300-something, which would be huge. It doesn't say if it is only for one month, six months, a year, or forever. I'm going to bring it into Walgreens and see what they have to say.

It would be great if this could at least temporarily help us. That way, I would feel better and it would bring us closer to having the price lower naturally within the insurance companies.

1 comment:

  1. what about a copay savings cards? available thru the drug reps usually

    guess again,
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete