Saturday, April 6, 2013

Familiar Feelings

My body is just angry with me right now.

I stopped my birth control on Tuesday. I felt fine until yesterday. Yesterday, I woke up with the most crippling cramps I've had in years (probably since before my laparoscopic surgery in 2007).

Throughout yesterday, they got worse and worse. By the end of the night, they were so sharp that I couldn't physically move from the couch. I had been on-and-off nauseous all day, as well, which I was attributing to the pain.

I woke up this morning feeling just as bad, if not worse. I'm currently sitting at the kitchen table, hunched over and unable to move. Every time I sit up straight, my lower abdomen screams. I know I'm going through this for a good reason, but the idea of going through this every month is downright scary. I've already taken some Extra Strength Tylenol to alleviate some of the pain, but so far, it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything.

The pain is localized in my lower right side (lower left quadrant, in medical terms). This tells me that it's not only my PCOS acting up but also my endometriosis. I have what's called endometriosis of the uterosacral ligament. It's in a very tricky area but still can be removed with laparoscopic surgery. Dr. S. has talked about removing it before, but he wanted to see how I reacted with birth control before making the decision to do so. Well, here I am...

I would like to see, however, as the moths go on, if the pain gets any more manageable. I know that pregnancy is supposed to wipe out the endometriosis but we have no idea of knowing how long that will take.

UPDATE:

12pm: I just threw up from the pain. This is totally reminiscent of high school...

One day at a time....one day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment