Thursday, April 18, 2013

BBTs

I've begun charting my basal body temperature. This is the only sure-fire to tell if someone with PCOS is ovulating. With a combination of my AEDs (which most cause cysts on the ovaries and anovulatory cycles), endometriosis and PCOS, my OB/Gyn wanted to make sure that everything was going as planned off of birth control. I know it can take several cycles (sometimes, up to a year) for the body to regulate, but I started anyway.

I've only been charting for 4 days, but already ;my chart is showing abnormal signs. The spikes between temperatures shouldn't be that high that soon in the chart. If it is still like next week, I may give Dr. S a call and let him know what's happening. This could be a couple of things:


  • The thermometer may be broken
  • I'm not doing it right and need to temp the exact same time every day (they say you have an hour window to take the temperature as long as it's relatively close. If it's more than an hour, or 30 minutes in each direction, then it won't be accurate). Also, there are many factors that can change your temperature, such as sleep-deprivation, PMS symptoms and exercise.
or,

  • My PCOS is just being a jerk. There are reports that show that sometimes, when a woman has PCOS, that charting may not to accurate because the constant change in testosterone levels and anovulatory cycles. 
We will see if it starts to regulate. I also just may wait the 40 days like he asked and then, bring him the chart and tell him. This is all under the assumption that I don't get my monthly "friend," though. I knew that there was a possibility (more like, likelihood) that when I stopped birth control that my body wouldn't be cool with it. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment