Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Feeling Good

It's been over 6, almost 7 weeks since my last "microseizure." I've had no flashes, no inkling of anything. *knocks on ALL the wood* I feel great. I really think we figured out what was causing them. My triggers were low blood sugar, lack of sleep and the flickering of light that strains my eyes.

I wear my sunglasses literally every time I go outside. Even if it's a grey sky. I wear them until about 6pm. After that, the sun has set low enough that the reflection isn't bothersome. I think that has made a huge difference. 

I'm constantly eating, haha. As I'm typing this up, I'm actually eating peanut butter and crackers. Thinking back, a lot of my flashes occurred when my blood sugar was low. The longer I waited and the hungrier I got, the more likely I was to get a migraine or worse. Speaking of migraines, I haven't had one in months, which is a miracle for me.

As for the lack of sleep, I'm realistic about what I need now. Just because I can run on 5 hours of sleep doesn't mean I should. I average about 7.5 hours of sleep every night except for when Colin wakes up. He's been great though, except when we go stay at my in-laws. He doesn't sleep there. Ever. Never has. It's rough, so I need to be healthy so we can stay home and not stay there anymore and get some normalcy.

I'm also in a better place. I'm happier. I love my life and my family. I'm so lucky to have them. I have started enjoying life for once. I preached for so long that epilepsy was just a diagnosis and not a lifestyle and unfortunately, I didn't listen to my own words. I let it get to me. But not anymore. This is my life. This my path. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Chin up, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment