Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Finally Beginning

I apologize that I haven't posted in such a long time. Life practically exploded with deadlines, work and family-related things. There was really no time to update or even any new developments.

However, now that things have started to slow down, normal life can start to resume.

Dave and I talked today about what our plan is moving forward now that my medication change is over and we have been given the go ahead from Dr. L. Since my birth control is up next week, we have decided not to refill it and to move forward with TTC.

My last day of hormonal pills is April 3 and the last day of sugar pills is April 10.

My OB/Gyn, Dr. S., told me that whenever we decided to stop birth control that I should give him a call to "give him an FYI," but that he didn't need me to come in for an exam or anything. He already knows my history and my last exam was in October. His instruction for me then was to continue taking prenatals, start and finish my medication process with the supervision of my neurologist and follow the instruction for a safe pregnancy, and once we stopped birth control, to call him if I still haven't gotten a period after 45 days of stopping the pills.

His only other suggestion to me was to take my basal body temperature every morning. It is the only sure-fire way, other than using OPKs (ovulation prediction kits) to tell if a woman is ovulating after stopping birth control.

I know that this isn't going to be an easy journey but it is one that will be well-worth it.

This feels so exciting!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am soo happy for you and your husband- this news sounds wonderful! I hope and wish you the best of luck in your becoming pregnant journey!!!!

    ~Jennie~

    ReplyDelete