Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unusual Side Effects Part 1

This is going to be a quick side note. I titled this "part one" because I'm sure this won't be the only time that I will want to discuss this.

Since starting the Lamictal, I've had a series of side effects that I never got while I was on just Carbamazepine.

Everything from my tongue feeling ticklish to numbness in my hands to cramping to RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). The RLS seems to be the only one that is sticking though. It's infrequent, but happening about every other day. It makes me feel like my leg is completely asleep and like I will have to drag it to get from point A to get to point B - but then, I can move normally. How strange...

It's actually starting to piss me off today. We are starting the holiday season at work and I just don't have time to feel uncomfortable.

Dr. L. said that once the medication switch is over and that I'm fully off of Carbamazepine that the annoying side effects should subside. Hopefully, that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment