Friday, April 4, 2014

Getting Back to Normal

It has been almost 3 weeks since my seizure. I'm feeling totally fine (other than lack of sleep from taking care of Colin). I believe that Colin and Dave have a lot to do with me feeling as good as I do. I have to be resilient for them. I'm at peace with what happened and have been really engulfed at work. I came back to a busy, busy workload, which is great because it keeps me distracted. I'm definitely not bored anymore.

I still feel like people are walking on broken glass around me, as if I'm not alright and anything other than an ideal situation will set me off - either emotionally or now physically. I understand it since it's the first it's happened in a long time and for some, especially Dave, it's their first time experiencing it with me. I understand that people just want me to be safe and healthy, but I'm still the same person. I'm getting the ability to drive again back next week. Hopefully, that independence will be the start of things being normal again.

I am so blessed to have such amazing family and friends that care so much about me. I love them all so much. I just don't want them to feel like I need to be bubble-wrapped from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment